Friday, July 20, 2012

This is why I hate ordering online

As well as love it.

I just received part of my order from Amazon (an 11 book order, I may have a problem but I do enjoy it :) ) and I got three books that weren't as described. :/
One book is 'Sisters Red' by Jackson Pearce that was listed as 'Good' was actually an ex-library copy with stamps all over, stickers everywhere, and that annoying plastic covering. On top of that it was the wrong cover. They advertised it as the shiney red cover but it's just the typical cover.
The second book is Fearless by Francine Pascal (technically it's a bind up so it can be considered the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, books). It was listed as 'Like New' but it has black residue on the upper left hand of the cover and all over the spine, which is quite noticeable on a stark white cover, it has a huge crease in the front cover, and god awful dents all along the pages like a three ring binder was pressed really hard against it.
The third is 'Delirium' by Lauren Oliver. I was on the hunt for a specific cover so when I found listed as 'New' I lept on it (it was also only about $6 and change, shipped). Sadly, in transit it got all banged up and actually got the corner bent in. Yes, on a hardcover book. Bah. I'm keeping it, though, it's just too difficult to find this cover. It's the blue one with the words showing through a picture of a girl. I much prefer that cover and I know you shouldn't really care about covers but I do. I do. :)
What I do love about ordering is the great deals you can get. I got a couple hardcovers for only 2 bucks a piece, a hard to find book at less than cover price, and free shipping (so it saves on gas).
Fair warning though, if you order from Amazon directly and it's their bargain books, odds are they will have remainder marks. *sigh* I had no idea that would be the case, I haven't gone back to see if there is any mention of having marks, just that they were new. Oh well. The ones with remainder marks were less than $4 so I'm not too put out.

When the rest of my order comes in I'll be sure to make a "Thank You Mr. Postman" post (my form of book haul/IMM/Stacking the Shelves) as well as a vid. I'll let you know what happens with getting a replacement for the two misrepresented books.

No comments: